Human Library - Santa Ana, CA
The social, political, and cultural climate in our country over the past several years is increasingly polarizing and it leaves people in our communities divided, apathetic, or disengaged. We need a way to change how we relate and engage with each other.
Human Library: An inclusive way to challenge prejudice through social contact using the key principles of inclusion and choice. Just like in a real library, a visitor to the Human Library can choose a Book from a range of titles. The difference is that Books are people, and reading is conversation.
Date: Saturday, February 27, 2016 (note: this is the rescheduled date)
Time: Previews & Browsing at 2:00pm. Check outs from 3:00pm – 6:00pm.
Location: The LGBT Center on 4th, 305 E. 4th Street, Santa Ana, CA 92701
Organizers: Catalyst Network of Communities - Orange County Time Bank and The LGBT Center OC - LGBT Center on Fourth
Possible Human Books:
- Transgender Person
- Cancer Survivor
- Former Prison Inmate
- HIV-Positive Individual
- Individual with Disability
- Police Officer
- Corporate Executive
- Migrant Worker
- Former Prostitute
- Drag Queen Performer
- Gay/Lesbian Couple
- Bisexual Individual
- Buddhist Monk
- Muslim Imam
- Megachurch Christian Pastor
- Individual with Mental Health Issues
Ways to Get Involved:
- Partner organizations promote the event and have their logo/link included on our web site.
- Volunteer to be a Human Book or to join the organizing team.
- Sponsor food or refreshments for the event or donate funds to help with marketing.
If you are interested in partnering, volunteering or sponsoring, please send email to email@example.com.