Human Book Application
We could not have a Human Library without the Human Books! As a Human Book, you are not just a storyteller per se that shares in one direction. This is about having an interactive conversation that engages two people - the Human Book and the "Reader."
We are looking for volunteers to be a Human Book that can have respectful conversation with members of the public. Applying to become a Human Book does not guarantee a spot on the Book Shelf. We will need to ensure we have a wide variety of books without too much duplication.
Human Books will need to:
- Attend the one-hour Human Book Orientation meeting the day of the event, Feb. 27th, 2016 at 1:00pm. (2pm - 3pm is your free time/prep time, 3pm - 6pm is the public "reading" time.)
- Be available for public "readings" through the end of the event at 6:00pm. (Please do not leave early.)
- Email two photos that we can use for promoting your book: (1) head shot photo of you, (2) a photo or image that represents your topic. Send high resolution images, if possible. Email the photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out the form information below.
- Commit to authentic and respectful dialogue about your topic with your readers without self-promotion or proselytizing.
For examples of past human books and their book titles, click here to see our Human Library event in Long Beach last year.