Catalyst Speech Contest
Catayst is hosting a speech contest with cash prizes!
Date: Sunday, December 2, 2018
Time: 12:00PM Potluck, 1:00PM speeches
Location: 12907 Hadley Street, Whittier, CA 90601
Speech Topic: "Building Community Through Sharing"
Speech Duration: 5-7 mins
1st Place: $100
2nd Place: $50
3rd Place: $25
**prize money will be given in the form of a check.
There is no fee to enter the contest and admission to watch the speech contest is free so be sure to come on by, bring your family and friends, and show your support! We're having our community potluck at 12pm so if you are able, bring a dish or something to share!
Speech Contest Rules:
- The content of your speech may not include profanity, harsh language, obscenities, or language commonly understood to be offensive or disrespectful towards any group of people or individual(s). The content of your speech should be appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
- Your speech must be a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of 7 minutes.
- Contest participants must arrive by 12pm noon on the day of the contest.
- Contest participants will be required to sign a liability waiver on the day of the contest.
- There is no age limit to participate, however anyone under the age of 18 years old will require permission from a parent or guardian.
For questions about the contest, send email to email@example.com.
Practice Your Speech and Get Feedback Before the Contest!
Does public speaking give you the jitters or do you want to practice your speech before the contest and get feedback? Come by to one of the weekly ESL Masters Club meetings, every Thursday evening from 7:00PM - 8:30PM at the First Christian Church of Whittier, 6355 Greenleaf Avenue, Whittier, CA 90601. Contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.